Declaration of Indifference: Community Guidelines
The internet is full of wonder and adventure, it's also the internet though: all kinds of experiences can be had here. With that in mind, good behaviour and kindness will make a world of difference on Odysee.
Here are some Community Guidelines that will help make Odysee a welcoming and rewarding place.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Odysee.
- You're responsible for the content and posts made under your channel/handle.
- You're responsible for keeping your password and wallet safe.
- Don't spam other users repeatedly with messages/links etc.
- Don't use Odysee for illegal activities, this includes sharing illegal or copyright-infringing content.
- Legality can vary between jurisdictions. If content is illegal in one jurisdiction, it may be blocked in that jurisdiction while being left alone in jurisdictions where it isn’t.
- Don’t use Odysee to dox individuals, users or otherwise.
- Don't manipulate views, likes, or followers.
- We don’t care about what you publish, livestream, comment, or include in channel descriptions for the most part. But we don’t allow the following:
Content or posts that incite hatred or violence towards a particular group or person(s) based on, but not limited to the following:
- Sexual orientation
- Social class/caste
- Gender identity/expression
Content or posts that promote terrorism, criminal activity, or credibly calls for violence (coordinated or otherwise), for example:
- Sincere encouragement of others to go to a particular place to commit/perform violence, or to target groups or individuals with violence
- Promotion of recruitment into terrorist and/or criminal groups
- Sincere promotion of terrorist and/or criminal groups
- Sincere promotion of terrorism and/or criminal activity
- If posting content related to terrorism or crime for an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic purpose, be mindful to provide enough information in the video or audio itself so viewers understand the context.
Excessive bullying of persons not well known within the public sphere, for example:
- Content that features prolonged name calling or malicious insults based on someone’s intrinsic attributes (e.g. Physical appearance, race, disability, etc.).
Content uploaded with the intent to shame, deceive or insult a minor
- A minor is defined as an individual under the legal age of majority. This usually means anyone younger than 18 years old, but the age of a minor might vary by geography.
Torture, gore, or violence
- Exceptions can be made for content that is deemed newsworthy
Self harm content
Because we are not in a position to adjudicate the truthfulness of postings, we do not remove video postings due to allegations of defamation. Consistent with Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, we recommend that you pursue any claims you may have directly against the person who posted the content.
Comment Section Rules
Every rule listed above applies to both channel content, as well as to comments.
In addition, for comments:
- Don’t use multiple channels to manipulate voting.
- Don’t use multiple channels or accounts to pretend to be different people in the same comment section or live chat.
- Don’t create multiple channels to circumvent channel restrictions.
- Don’t be overly nasty to creators and other users. It reflects poorly on the Odysee community and turns new people away.
- Don’t spam. Examples include: self-promotion, external links, word spam, sticker spam, and comment spamming.
Pro tip: We understand that there’s no such thing as a one size fits all approach to moderation, so we encourage our users to take advantage of additional moderation tools available to them and shape their experience on Odysee in a way that aligns with their personal values.
Learn more: https://help.odysee.tv/category-moderation/
If you break community guidelines:
Just don’t be a jerk, guy. Did you ever consider that maybe you’re the bad guy(s)? Please don’t break our community guidelines - not only do your actions on Odysee reflect poorly on the community, it also makes Odysee look bad.
If you do break any of the community guidelines, we reserve the right to do any or more of the following:
For breaching community trust: We will request for immediate removal. We will move forward with removal in circumstances where the creator or user is unable to.
In circumstances where there are repeated breaches of our community guidelines, we may pursue more stricter action(s). For example:
- Filtering of your channel from Odysee.
- Restricting your ability to comment, either temporarily or permanently.
Note: Attempts to circumvent these restrictions by way of creating new channels/accounts to release the same content will be treated as a repeated breach of community guidelines.
Redemption, because we don’t believe in eternal damnation:
If you regain community trust and demonstrate willingness to follow our community guidelines, we may: i. Lift restrictions applied to your account/channel
What if we get a decision wrong?
It could happen, and in that case you’re welcome to submit feedback to us [email protected].
Please reference the video url in your feedback form.